We are excited to announce Facial Rejuvenation procedures are available at Preventive Dentistry.
What is Facial Rejuvenation?
Rejuvenation treatments are used to refresh the appearance of the face. These procedures include cosmetic injections and other non-surgical procedures. They are, therefore, less invasive than surgery. Rejuvenation treatments can be performed in a dental practice, often in a single appointment, although this depends on the needs of the individual patient. Numbing injections may be used for the comfort of the patient.
Other phrases used to describe the same treatments include:
- Non-surgical facial rejuvenation
- Liquid facelift
Why Do People Request These Procedures?
Many people will experience skin damage in the harsh Canberra climate. The effects of the sun and dehydration and natural aging can lead to the appearance of shallow or deep lines and wrinkles in various locations around the mouth and face. People might also notice a loss of volume and thinning of the facial skin and lips. Others may seek treatment for lack of facial symmetry or may want to soften certain facial features.
The Results Of Rejuvenation Treatments
The aim of treatment tends to include one or more of the following:
- Smoothing out unwanted wrinkles and lines from the facial skin
- Rejuvenate the skin by stimulating the natural growth of new skin tissue
- Providing more volume to thinning tissues, including the lips
- Enhancement of facial features by improving symmetry or softening them
- Reducing the amount of gum showing in a smile or gummy smile correction.
- Results will diminish over time, with the duration of most treatments being 6-12 months.
Which Treatments Are Available?
Facial rejuvenation procedures offered at Preventive Dentistry include:
- Dermal fillers for the reduction of lines and wrinkles and to enhance the symmetry of the jawline and other facial features
- Lip fillers to gently increase the volume of the lips or to achieve other aesthetic enhancement
- Muscle or wrinkle relaxers, for the reduction of lines and wrinkles
- Thread lift procedures, during which dissolvable threads are inserted into the skin to sculpt the facial features
- Microneedling or skin needling. This skin rejuvenation procedure involves puncturing the upper dermal layer of the skin with tiny needles, creating micro-wounds. The presence of these wounds has been found to stimulate the body to heal, and the resulting skin often looks refreshed and smoother
- And other treatments
The Potential Benefits Of Treatments
Rejuvenation treatments can provide aesthetic or cosmetic changes to the face and smile. We aim to ensure these changes are subtle and natural.
… And Therapeutic Benefits Of Treatments
We may also recommend selected procedures for the treatment of
- Bruxism (grinding and clenching) and
- TMD (temporomandibular disorder).
What Are The Potential Risks?
While unexpected or unwanted outcomes are uncommon, all treatments involving injections have risks. These will be explained to you before you agree to go ahead with your procedure.
We take every step to reduce the risk of complications, including:
- selection of the highest quality injectables and materials
- strict sterilisation procedures
- a highly trained clinician providing the treatments
- gentle techniques based on current best practice
- thoughtful follow-up and aftercare as needed.
The most likely complications include bruising of the skin or swelling of treated parts of the face. In rare situations, infection or allergic reactions may occur.
Post-procedure redness and tenderness of the skin are common. We recommend avoiding sun exposure and makeup for 48 hours following treatment. Investing in SPF50+ sun protection is a good idea.
Why At The Dentist?
As a result of their university training, dentists have a thorough understanding of facial structures and anatomy.
Knowing exactly where all the nerves, blood vessels and muscles are in the face is crucial to not only achieving the best results but also avoiding potential complications.
–Australian Academy of Dento-Facial Aesthetics
Who Will Provide My Treatment?
The procedures are performed by Dr Deanne Carr who has received training through the Australian Academy of Dento-Facial Aesthetics.
The Benefits Of Having A Dentist Perform These Procedures
Incorporating A Dentist’s Appreciation of The Smile…
A dentist’s daily work focuses on the mouth, teeth, smile and the rest of the face. Dentists are interested in improving both general and dental health and provide treatments that help to keep the whole person healthy.
In this era of cosmetic dentistry, dentists also have an appreciation of aesthetic principles, not just of the teeth, but of the entire face.
Therefore, they have a thorough understanding of the interplay between facial structures and a person’s smile to create beautiful harmonious faces.
Dr Deanne seeks to achieve enhancement of the unique, natural facial features of each patient.
… And A Dentist’s Skill
Dentists are highly proficient in administering local anaesthetic (numbing injections), so this means patients can have their treatment done in total comfort.
Dr Deanne pays close attention to the details. Her priority is to provide quality aesthetic treatments that produce beautiful results. She delivers quality care with her unique brand of gentleness.
Book An Appointment
Are You A Suitable Candidate?
A consultation appointment with Dr Deanne is required before treatment. During this appointment, you’ll be invited to ask questions and explain your primary skin concerns.
Rejuvenation treatments are non-invasive and therefore considered to be relatively safe for most people. However, factors such as pregnancy, recent anti-wrinkle or filler procedures and some skin conditions can mean that treatment may need to be delayed or may not be appropriate.
Our priority for every patient at every appointment is their safety and comfort. We believe that a healthy smile is a beautiful smile. We strongly recommend that the patient enjoys good dental and general health before undergoing aesthetic facial treatments.
Questions About Price
Please note that it’s difficult to answer questions about the price of treatments, as each patient is unique, and it’s impossible to know their requirements before the consultation appointment. An individual patient may require one or more procedures depending on their desired outcome. Sometimes a particular aesthetic result can only be achieved using surgery or concurrent dental treatments. Treatment options will all be explained by Dr Deanne during the consultation appointment.
After your consultation, Dr Deanne will provide you with a cost estimate based on recommended treatment.
To book an appointment for one of these procedures, please call us on 6171 2088.
Preventive Dentistry can be found in the Habitat building on Elouera Street, one of Braddon’s most convenient locations. We’re not far from the Rainbow Roundabout, and just a stroll down Lonsdale Street from Garema Place and the Canberra Centre. Every new patient is welcome.